10 Anxiety Busters
Prescription drugs are the usual ways adults deal with anxiety disorders. However, oftentimes, anti-anxiety medicines only deal with the symptoms and not the root causes. In many cases, people who have been prescribed anti-anxiety drugs have a strong dislike for them. This is mainly because of their side effects, and the notion that they don’t really cure the disease.
There are, however, alternatives to drugs in dealing with anxiety disorders. Some foods and drinks can also provide home remedies to treat anxiety.
1) If you are feeling too stressed, try drinking some Chamomile tea. You mind will feel relaxed and your thoughts will be soothed. Chamomile tea can help you rest during those nights when you have trouble sleeping. The sedative components in the tea brings you to a relaxed frame of mind.
2) A natural substance found in turkey, called Tryptophan, makes you feel relaxed after eating. Tryptophan is a precursor to serotonin which is related to the cure of many anxiety disorders. Tryptophan consumed through food also helps in relieving anxiety.
3) Improve your mental and psychological health by consuming avocado. They are a natural source of potassium, an element that helps lower blood pressure. It can help you prevent anxiety-induced heart attack by keeping your heart rate steady.
4) The health and well-being of your brain can be improved by eating lots of green leafy vegetables and hemp oil. These kinds of food help reduce stress and anxiety. A crucial player in brain-adrenal axis balance is magnesium, which is found in green leafy vegetables.
5) Eating dark chocolate helps you keep calm. It’s because it has loads of cocoa that contain stress relievers.
6) Research has shown that aside from its other health benefits turmeric can help ease symptoms of depression and anxiety. Among its health benefits turmeric can help in digestion, healing, and reducing joint inflammations.
7) Increasing your intake of foods rich in folic acid can keep you away from anxiety. Asparagus contains folic acid, a chemical responsible for improving the health of your brain’s neurotransmitters. What often causes anxiety and stress is a lowering of folic acid in the body.
8) Liver and other organ meats are a good source of vitamin B. Your body needs vitamin B to synthesize serotonin.
9) Your brain needs zinc to stay healthy, and oysters contain a lot of zinc. Deficiency in zinc causes anxiety.
10) Your gut needs to be healthy for your brain to be healthy. Kefir is a good source of probiotics that keep your gut in good shape.
Suggested Post: that site