Steel is an important element through which one can produce different kind of products. It is widely used for different kind of applications. There is more demand for fabrication of steel as compared to other products. Steelfabrication is done in sectors such automobile, Oil & gas, construction etc. There are machine fabrication shops who do the steelfabrication and then it is assembled on the site. Structural steel is well appreciated by all the metal fabricators in the world. It has got different features which are mentioned below:
- Strength – Structural steel has high strength to weight ratio. This makes it easy to fabricate steel as compared to other metals.
- Easy welding – Through welding, the quality of steel can be enhanced which is not the case with other metals. This quality of steel makes them an easy choice for high-pressure applications in construction sector.
- Cost – Fabricated steel is a cheap raw material component as compared to other fabricated metals. So most of the clients insist on using fabricated steel. This fits their budget and the project gets delivered in the stipulated time.
Steelfabrication is a delicate process. There are three major steps involved in it. They are as follows:
- Cutting – First of all, the steelsheets are cut according to the requirement. Steel can be cut by using different tools like laser cutters, plasma torches, mechanical saw etc.
- Bending – The second step involved here is bending. The steel sheets are hammered to give them the required shape. Steel sheets are bent manually or through automated process. There is a tool – Press brake through which steelsheets are bent.
- Assembling – The fabricator finally assembles the steel on the site or at his shop depending on the need of the client.
Fabrication is a work which requires great precision and care. So it is always recommended to take the help of professional structural steelfabricators. In case of construction industry, they are also well aware about the legal norms to which the builder must adhere to while placing the building structures. Here are some checkpoints which can be used while finalizing a steelfabricator:
- Reputation in the market – It is necessary that the fabricator has got good amount of professional experience and expertise in handling the kind of job for which you will be hiring him. You cannot afford to go ahead with a shoddy job done by fabricator if you are in the construction sector as this may cost the lives of people. You can have a look at the kind of projects they have handled in the past. A little bit of background research by contacting some of their previous customers can also help you in this matter.
- Capabilities – You need to understand the production capabilities of the fabricator. He should be able to produce that much quantity which will be required for the project.
- Machinery – The fabricator should possess the kind of machinery which will be required for your fabrication project.
- Location – Choosing a fabricator which is nearer to your site or office will always help in better coordination.